VVnW Forums Removed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by slapyo, Feb 26, 2005.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

It has been requested that the VVnW forums be removed. So the Veterans Resources no longer hosts the VVnW forums. For all of you VVnW members that joined this forum, please feel free to stick around. Help out other members who may have questions, or ask a question if you have one.

I would like to thank the VVnW for using our forums for a while. Thank you & good luck to the VVnW.
  2. ssgcastillo

ssgcastillo New Member

Donald I feel you have done the right thing.I do have a comment concernig the problems ,some widows of our k.i.a. It seems that some are not receiving all the info about all benefits due to them.Its been brouht out by an org. of a veterans group that has been involved with our present vets survivors.any answers to this? RICK
  3. USARV

USARV New Member

I guess the VVnW puppet masters couldn't take the heat. Thanks for ability to post for a while. This only let's all of the VVnW membership know for sure that their leaders would rather run than address the issues they confront.

Once again though, "...it has been requested..." Who requested that the posts be removed? Nah, just kidding - we know who.

Best Regards,

Ken
  4. johnnya

johnnya New Member

Donald & Marc

Thanks for the time you both put.

I was on here this morning and had no problem reading any post I wanted.

So what happened did Peter, Nancy and the hand picked board of directors finally
    decide to read the postings and see that it’s not just a couple of as they call us malcontents? I think national was seeing that not only were members reading the post but regular people that can’t believe what’s going on with this organization.

For all you members out there that think all of the writings were by malcontents or misfits, think again he will put you in your place if you don’t march to his tune.
    As he says “HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY”

To everyone that posted thank you and remember the best way to get rig of a cancer is to cut it out. Next election if he hasn’t suspended everyone that may want to run for a board position, we have to use our American right and use the POWER OF THE VOTE.

Yours in Brotherhood
    johnnya
  5. GatorRom

GatorRom New Member

Donald and Marc
    WHO requested that the VVnW Forums be removed? Did Donald receive a threatening letter from Attorney Tom O'Connor, too? I, and many others, who used this site to discussand try to find a peaceful solution to the problems between VVnW National and the membership are very disappointed but we will find an alternative way to get the truth and accountability that we deserve. Many eyes have been opened and I want to thank you for keeping the forum open as long as you did.

It is not just the suspensions that are in question but the original reasons for them...Where is all the money being spent, the frivolous life style National has acquired on money donated to help veterans, why the gag orders and secrecy, who has continuously lied for the "betterment" of the organization and I could go on.MANY unanswered questions remain...and time will tell!

Thank you again.

Joyce A. Rommel
    Illegially suspended member of VVnW still working hard for truth and accountability and the veteran community
  6. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

VVnW National ???????

I see no reason why people can not come on this sight and tell what they know providing they can back it up. If a person can talk the talk and walk the walk, they should be allowed to advice the veteran community as to what is going on. I personally came away from this sight with what I thought was good information. I do not get to talk with other veterans a lot because of my work untill now, but I do enjoy this sight. Do what ever you can to keep this going. If I can help you I will. For those of you looking for justice, I hope you all the luck in the world.
  7. Terry McGee

Terry McGee New Member

Maybe I wasn't wrong after all!

When I first came on this site I questioned, by e-mail, if this site was run by VVnW. I was told "No". Now I am wondering that same thing again.

Ok, so VVnW doesn't want our thoughts posted on here. Fine. So now we are a bunch of veterans that happen to belong to VVnW and are unhappy with our national organization. We are members of this forum also.

CAN WE POST WHAT WE WANT! Or is VVnW National going to tell this socalled independant web site what it can do.

THIS IS POINTED AT YOU SLAPYO! Where do YOU stand?
  8. slapyo

Just so you all know a little about me. My name is Donald La Curan and I am 25 years old, graduated with a degree in Psychology, and have never been in the military. My father was in the military. He was in Vietnam and is rated at 100% disabled by a variety of things. This site was created to help Veterans out. After going through everything we have, I understood it was very hard to get things accomplished sometimes. I was hoping with this site that I could create a community where Veterans could come and talk with each other, ask questions, and help each other out.

I came across the VVnW website and noticed that their forums were not the usual type of forums you see on websites. I offered to host their forums here at the Veterans Resources. Marc told me they discussed it and decided to do it. At the time the only thing I knew was that the VVnW had to do with Veterans, nothing more. I didn't know anything else.

Now as of yesterday morning the VVnW forums are no longer hosted here. I was sent an email by Marc saying that the VVnW would like the forums removed. The only reason I removed the forums was because I was letting the VVnW use them and they now wanted them gone.

Now, I don't understand what all is going on. What I have read is only one side to the story and there are always two. I am also not picking sides here. However, I don't agree with the decision that the VVnW made in regards to removing the forums. I feel this was a great opportunity for the Veterans to be able to reach out and speak their minds, whether it is good or bad. It seems that the VVnW does not want to see any bad at all and only wants to see the good. That is how it appears to me.

In all honesty, this forum is to be an open forum where people can speak their minds. I do not like being censored and I know that you don't like it either. If it would have been completely up to me I would never have deleted any posts, nor would I have closed the forums. However, since the forums belonged to the VVnW I had to atleast follow through with their wishes.

Now, with that said. I would like to apologize to you guys for this whole situation. My intentions were only to help out Veterans. I saw what I thought was a Veterans organization in need of some help on their website. It obviously backfired and didn't really work out.

So ... I think from now on I will be sticking with Veterans Resources ONLY forums. This is to ensure that things are run how I would like them to be run. There will be no censorship, no posts will be deleted, and everyone will be happy campers. This is how I wanted it in the beginning and it was, still is. However it was just the VVnW forums which had some censoring going on in them.

Thanks for reading this long post, but I guess you guys deserved to hear it all and know where I stand on this. I hope this can be put behind us and we can all help make this site even better. With lots of Veterans spreading the word about this site and talking on the forums, it shouldn't take too long.

I am always available and I can be reached by the forums here with a thread, or a Private Message. You can also contact me through the contact form on the site as well. I do answer every email I receive, it may not be right away but I will get to it. Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome. I want to make this community for you guys.
  9. barryjh

barryjh New Member

slapyo--thank you for explanation. i am a veteran and found your site because i was looking for help. i am quite hardheaded and it is difficult for me to ask for help. as soon as i presented my problem on your site, a gracious gentleman "Tincanman" responded to my plea and given me some ideas. i knew if anyone would help it would be a veteran. as the motto says we will not forget. i was considering joining the much discussed organization and i know i don't have to spell it out. the messages i saw were in my mind a plea for justice from some very frustrared veterans. before i join any veterans group i would like to be confident the veterans are the ones benefiting. i have seen many questions but no answers. i have seen comebacks but no answers. you have a lot of valuable information on here and for a young man such as yourself to even care is outstanding in my book. after reading your last post i think i see you clearer and i like what i see. thank you for your honesty and patience. as for you frustrated members of the other organization. never stop seeking truth and justice. Barry J Habecker--semper fi
  10. USARV

USARV New Member

Reply to Don

Thanks for all you have done and all that you continue to do to help Veterans.

The fact that your father is a disabled Vietnam Veteran and has a son who works hard for all veterans restores a bit of my faith in humankind.

Obviously, your father not only served his country, he also knew how to raise wonderful children.

God bless you and your father both.

Ken
  11. Warveteran

Warveteran New Member

Restricted Freedom of Speech

There is a tendency in this country here of late to stifle free speech.

In America the 1st Amendment is the most important Amendment. That is why the founding fathers made it the 1st one. The Bush administrations has violated the 4th and 6th Amendment with the Patriot Act via Homeland Security.

Veterans Resources has join the Bush Chicken Hawks by banning the open and free discussions about the problems of the VVnW.

What ever happened to the idea of protecting and preserving the Constitution of These United States?

There are the real patriots of the United States and then there are those that are hoping this Republic and it Democratic processes can be done away with. Violating the 1st, 4th and 6th Amendments is tend amount to supporting our enemies, who ever or whom ever they may be.

No need to respond to me personally as I will be tending to the real business of this nation and that is to be sure it's distracters fail in their plans to over throw our present form of government.

Dick Carey
    USMC Vietnam Vet, 3rd Tanks 67/68
  12. Yamabushi

Yamabushi New Member

TO ALL...I asked slapyo to set the forum up and I asked him to shut it down.

Not VVnW, not Peter, not Nancy...I did it. Pure and simple. In fact Peter and Nancy don't even know I pulled it.

Due to work commitments, I no longer have the time available to volunteer my services to review or moderate the enthusiasm of this forum. Because of its affiliation with the VVnW and the Veterans Coalition and by virtue of its association to my responsibilities as the VVnW Webmaster, I elected to eliminate it, primarily because I could not adequately review it or respond with sufficient authority to the discussions taking place.

You all are free to continue your discussions wherever you want, I have simply removed the umbrella of the VVnW from the forum and have disassociated myself from the responsibility of moderating it.

Veteran Resources has been an exceptional supporter of the veterans community by creating this site and providing us the opportunity to use the forum. I appreciate the time spent using the forum and regret my inability to continue to sustain it.
  13. 3cav

3cav Member

Site is appreciated

Donald, the Veterans Resource site is well worth the effort, I have had a look at several other veteran's sites and this one leaves the rest for dead (in my opinion). It is a credit to you and I thank you for your efforts. I will still use this site and let veterans know the facts about the VVnW. If there are veterans who wish to join a veteran's organization and they are thinking about the VVnW they should know ALL the facts and not just some good news stories that are peddled in the Veteran Leader. The only thing I regret is that all of the previous posts have been lost as there was a lot of thoughtful and emotional posts. I even thank Marc for his efforts as he was the only one on the board to at least answer some of the questions.

Thanks Donald and I think you will see this site grow, regards Neil
  14. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Since we're tossing around the first amendment, I thought I put it here for all to see:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances"

Please note that it states "Congress shall make no law..." Doesn't say one thing restricting anyone else's ability to do so.
  15. barryjh

barryjh New Member

i agree with you Tincanman. if you give someone the ability to take away your freedom of speech. they can. if you refuse to have that ability of free speech taken away, no one can. when we give away freedom of speech, freedom of choice and the right to live our lives as free men.we sure wasted alot of time saying we were defending them. against who?us? semper fi my green blooded brothers
  16. PararescueRed

PararescueRed New Member

To Administrator Donald "Slapyo"

Slappy my man,

I have been around your site for quite a few months now --I have sent you several applauses when I felt you deserved them, for a job well done. Now, it's time to ask for a few HONEST answers, my friend.

WHO in VVnW asked you to remove the threads? WHY did you remove OUR thoughts? What were you thinking when you pulled the plug? What have they got on you?

These Threads were NOT VVnW property...they were OUR discussions about VVnW and the illegalities and reprehensible actions they have taken. We are members who love this organization and are trying to heal the wounds caused by an invading cancer that must be excised.

You have shown yourself to be an upstanding young man, and as I have always told you, you are a 'Stand up" kind of guy. WHY are you allowing somebody else to mandate YOUR site?

WE discuss what we elect to -- this is America! To simply enter the site and erase all that has been put together is as reprehensible an action as I have ever witnessed, Don! I sincerely expected better from a man of your convictions. I must assume -- I have no other choice -- that your convictions are of a different agenda than I have been giving you credit for having.

I had just printed all of the Threads -- I don't know why, but I did. There are several pages and if there is anybody out there who wants a complete copy --I'm saving a copy for the Court -- let me know and I will attempt to get one to you.

Donald, I am asking you -- as a man -- put the site back, get your head out of your arse, and realize what is going on. By shutting down the site you have become one of those we are fighting, don't you see that? Only an enemy of Free Speech would allow what has happened to happen.

Hitler started burning the books in 1936...what have you done here? I am BEGGING you -- no, I don't beg any man for anything -- please reconsider your error and correct it immediately! This is America...we respect the First Amendment here in this country, as much as we respect anything.

I am seriously worried that you would stoop to this level, Don....

Alan 'Red' Peers, VSO
    [email protected]
    Adjutant, VVnW NY-14

This is added as an addendum, after rereading Marc's excuse for dropping the VVnW thread.

Donald, my Slappy pal, would YOU take on the job that Marc is too busy to continue? I don't know what-all is entailed, but I would assist you in any way that I could.

In fact, I'm sure that there are 25 guys out there, right now, that would volunteer to help you with whatever has got to be done -- all we want to do is to keep the fire alive -- to keep together, as we have been able to do because of this site.

I'm not in the habit of asking folks for favors -- it;s just not in my nayure. That's been changing, and I like it. I'm asking you, with your ability and know-how to open up our thread again and allow us to continue to chat as we were. If there is a reason you can't or won't, please let me know here, so I don't wait a year wanting to hear. Do me that favor, at least?
  17. gbaker

gbaker New Member

Understanding the removal

I see a lot of blame being put on the web master of this site! Well people wake up and do some surfing on the following topics, "Rights and responsibilities of webmasters, site administrator and site owner". You will find that these people can be held accountable for information that is publicly displayed on any website in which they own or administer. Since this is a PRIVATE website available to the public for posting of information, the aforementioned may at anytime remove unwanted information that he/she finds inappropriate.
    This is only a short remark as to the forum rules as posted by Slapyo, “We are a moderated board and posting content should be able to be read by Veterans family members. No flaming other members and absolutely no advertising of any kind. Any post that appears to be in conflict with the board rules and purpose will be removed without comment.”
    When asked to remove the VVnW/Coalition forum his failure could result in what so many don’t want or need and that being a lawsuit. Keep in mind that VVnW/Coalition were asked to be apart of the Veterans Resources. This gives them the right to have the info removed. Had it been the other way around you would have a beef.
    Yes, I too questioned the removal of the information, but not at the lengths that some of you have and the accusations that flew. Know what a web master must contend with before you do this. I know these things as the former web master of VVnW. And as the old Board knew one of the reasons for my resignation was the lack of insurance to protect me in that position. I refused to put several posting on the VVNW site because it could have caused me great financial losses. Although I support what you all were saying, do not hold it against Slapyo.

I believe that Slapyo is an honorable person and that some of you owe him an apology! We as Vietnam Vets like to blow our gaskets before we think.

Thank you Slapyo for the site and for the availability (albeit short) to blow off steam and present what we felt was TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY!
  18. slapyo

There is one more thing that I would like to add in with what I said earlier. I know I had said at the very beginning that people would not be censored here. Then this happened and posts were deleted (censored) which is obviously what I said would not happen. I have learned from this mistake and I realize that each and every person, organization, company has their own rules and way they want to do things. When the rules differ and you are trying to work together it can become a problem, which it did here.

The Veterans Resources is no longer in any way "associated" with the VVnW & The Veterans Coalition. They no longer use the forums on The Veterans Resources site as their own. The Veterans Resources moderators and myself will make sure that posts are in the appropriate forum and to make sure that the posts follow the rules. As long as the posts follow the rules, censoring them will not happen. I want to keep this an open forum where you can post without wondering if your post will be removed or not. With the VVnW no longer using the Veterans Resources forums, I can assure you that this will happen. There will no longer be "special" rules applied to certain forums. I believe in freedom of speech and that is what I want for this site. Please use the site to it's maximum capabilities. It is here for you guys to use.

Please look over the whole site. Email me with any comments or suggestions you have. Do you want to see some new forums, or a new section on the site? Do you have some links you want to add? Whatever it may be, you can post it in the Suggestion forum, PM me, or email me. I will respond.
  19. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Thank You Donald, (SLAPYO) for what you do. And Thank You, too Jerry (GBAKER) for your knowledgeable defense of the webmaster. You are one who knows the hazards of being a web master.

Clare Booth Luce once said, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished".
    You can take that quote to the bank.

Don
  20. barryjh

barryjh New Member

slaypo, thank you for the freedom of speech. i would like to do something for veterans in my area and am seeking the correct vehicle to so. i have a long way to go but it is my ultimate goal. all information i read helps. i don't want to make a mistake in this endevor. so once again thank you. Semper Fi