What a crock

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by slapyo, Feb 23, 2006.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

You know, I created this site for my father who is a Vietnam Veteran. The site is here to help Veterans help each other. I don't know anything that could help a Veteran with claims or benefits, but what I can provide is a means for others to help each other. So I did that.

I have been requested to change the name of some forums. One was changed and the rest will stay. However, the part that gets me is that this "organization" actually said that this site was useless. I would post the letter sent to me, however it said it was for my eyes only.

I have received a lot of emails and private messages thanking me for the site. I love it when I receive feedback like that. In fact this is the only negative feedback I have ever received about the site. I don't ask for much. Everything comes out of my pocket to run this site and I don't mind it one bit. Because the feedback I receive is payment enough for me. Even the negative feedback, it's always enjoyable to read.

I would like to ask all of you out there who have had problems with this "organization" to come together and help me help you. I know you all have had enough of them, and right about now I have had my fill too. I am out here trying to help Veterans from a neutral stand point and I am the being marked as the bad one. I find it kind of sad that an "organization" of this size feels threatened by my presence. I'm sad because there should be no reason they should feel threatened, unless they are hiding something.

So please feel free to post in here, or send me a private message, or you can email me at [email protected]

Please keep personal feelings and rumors out. I would only like to collect the facts that can be backed up. I am currently looking to gather information right now.

Thank you!
  2. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Donald

Sounds to me like "they" feel threatened by Veteran's Forum. You are not running this site to please them, so tell them thank you, they are welcome to visit the site anytime, and to please keep their comments constructive. If they can't/won't, they can go "piss up a rainpipe" (that's what we old guys used to affectionately call them - today they are known as gutter downspouts).

I'll bet your dad is extremely proud of you and I am sure that I speak for many of us vets when I say that we, too, are very proud of you and your/our website. The knowledge and expertise shared by the likes of Rain Vet, Tin Can Man, Stumpy and a host of others is priceless to those seeking it. My hat is off to you! Ooorah! 25-gun salute!!

Knewheart
  3. thumper178

thumper178 New Member

I don't know why they are feeling threatened.
    They can post on here also to defend themselves.
    One good why would be open the board meeting again so that the membership can go and talk with them. They don't return letters or phone calls.
    They have been invited to so many meeting but care not to show up.
    So one would believe there is a problem somewhere.
    And why would they send you a letter for your eyes only. Sounds to be a scare tactic.
    I would post it - this way everyone would be honest.
    Let them post the answers to the so many question brought to them here and in letters and phone calls.
    I know your Father would be so proud. Reminds me of a story where a soldier was wounded in battle and not to well liked. But some risked their lives to help him
    Let these so called leader post the answers. The fact is that we are getting stronger and they know it. We have better communication and more friends around in the USA and AU.
    Lets call it the way it is. Someone is a LIAR. Plain and simple.
    ANSWER THE QUESTIONS NATIONAL. BE HONEST TO FELLOW VETERANS.

Thank Slapyo for you continues support to let us air our emotions. Must be something national again forgot.
    You will always be WELCOMED IN MY HOUSE.

Thumper 178
  4. johnnya

johnnya New Member

Slaypo

I’ve been on the site for well over a year or so and I think it’s great that someone like you has the courage to basically tell both of them to go to hell. don’t you love how if writings don’t go their way they want it taken off, almost like it’s their bulletin board, the only things that make it on there is if someone is kissing up to them.

Don’t worry about them, as long as they can keep getting and spending all the money they want without any accountability from them to the membership their happy.

That board of directors should be called the board of jokes, and only if the dictator needs laughs because he found a way to spit on EVERY AMERICAN VETERAN without thinking twice. Remember these clowns voted out a lot of good Vietnam Veterans just for asking questions, and no the so called
    by-laws of this organization were not followed. This is the man reason that they are and have been one of the biggest jokes with other veterans organizations in the United States.

Again thank you for the site and keep up the good work.
  5. 3cav

3cav Member

Stick to your guns mate

Donald, I see that you must be getting pressured by the "Big Commander" himself, or his little lap dog attorney of his. Well I can tell you (and I don't have to go to a private message to do it), that PETER FORBES Commander of the Veterarans of the Vietnam War etc Blah Blah Blah, is currently under investigation by the Fraud Unit of the Department of Veterans' Affairs here in Australia. It seems that he has been a naughty little digger. Unfortunately these investigations are slow and methodica las they have to get the facts correct 100%. This is not the first investigation by various agencies into our mate "Forbesy", the The Therapeutic Goods Administration ( the same as your FDA) know Mr. Forbes quite well as well as the Department of Veteran Affairs.
    Anyway Donald I thought that you might like to know a few facts about this cretin. Unfortunately a lot of what has been said about him was removed by the "little major" and he didn't have any conflict of interest did he?.
    I know lots of blokes from the battaliom he was with (3 Royal Aust. Regt) who despise the man for what he has done to Veterans here in South Australia re rowing boats etc, he won't even show his face on Anzac Day when he is at the trash heap of a farm at Nairne only 45 klm away.
    All I can say is let the investigation run it's course and in the long run a criminal conviction recorded would make it very difficult for him to gain access to the USA, I think they try to keep undesireables out of there. So how hard would it be for a commander of the VVnW to command when he was not allowed entry into the USA, he would have to get the wench to do it all. Regards Neil. And just why does this bloke need a Creen Card in the USA when he can't work more than 8 hours a week, how long has he been working in the USA without a Green Card? I think the investigation will prove interesting!
  6. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Slapyo,

First of all I'd like to thank you for what you've done in creating this web site for veterans to share and discuss their thoughts, ideas, feelings and complaints. This is the only forum we have for these purposes. What is really interesting is that you will permit the so called "leaders" at VVnW national to post their replies and explain their thinking (Ha Ha) to all. I'm sure they have been told not to reveal their inner workings.

I've read many editorials and OpEd pages and most anyone can say virtually anything (with decent reservation) including "letters to the editor", and reply without fear of retaliation from the opposing subject/persons. BUT, The VVnW don't do things that way. They exist with a dictatorial mindset and can't communicate back and forth with honesty. They can't even defend their warped idea of what a veteran is. Their goals seem to be $$$$$$$$$$$ and nothing else! They demand their members obey them as if they were members of a communist organization (they're getting close to that).

Now they are demanding you change this web site!! I thought that only happened to internet posting in CHINA! Who do they think they are? I'd quote the first admendment to the U.S Constitution but the national wussy isn't an American and he wouldn't understand. He's in it for the dollars. If "they" think that this site is useless they should count the postings and the replies. If it's so useless why do they read it? If it's so useless why do they fear it? Apparently it's doing some good because it's warning unsuspecting veterans to beware of "they". I received another e-mail today from a VVnW post commander who is being threatened by "them" and will be folding the post. The members are not putting up with this. The "silent veteran majority" is speaking out in the way they do best. They are leaving and not paying the homage and dollars the fuhrer thinks is due him.

Who do they think they are demanding that an e-mail from them to you is FYI (for your eyes only)? That's not something they can do. They may WISH you not to share it but they cannot demand it. But once sent it's YOURS! Share it! They have no classification rights over what you pass on or reveal to others. There is no legality in that term. If they don't want you to pass something on they should NOT send it. Must be CHINA again!

I feel sorry for our Australian Veteran friends for having such an ignorant "Bloke" representing them in our country. At least he " appears to represent" them. He's actually met our President. What a Friggin' shame. I'm sure the Australian Veterans are embarrassed. too! I had the terrific opportunity to meet and serve with some mighty great soldiers from Australia when I was in-country. Never did I encounter one as phoney as this guy.

Hang in there Donald. We support you and what you do for all veterans. I hope your Dad is well. I bet he's proud of you. We are!

Donaldn
  7. USARV

USARV New Member

Hang Tough

Hey Don,

I have thanked you before and I thank you again. You have done your father proud and have been a true friend to all the veterans for whom you maintain this site. I think this is especially true for us Vietnam Veterans.

Hang tough, VVnW national has turned into a pile of ^%$^(*&(* in my view. let 'em complain. This is America!

Regards,

Ken
  8. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

Don
    I have been coming to this site for a while and am glad that there is a place for veterans to tell it like it is and not be restricked by those that think us lower than them. You have done a great service to all veterans and I will be glad to stand by your side as if you a brother veteran. Hang in there and keep up the good work.

Yours in Service
    Leo
  9. Terry McGee

Terry McGee New Member

:D It sounds like the "organization" doesn't want whats in e-mail to go public because it might paint a bad picture of them! I really don't thing they could look any more stupid than they are. My vote is for posting the e-mail and let the "crap" fall where it may. This is a wonderful site. Keep it up!!
  10. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

VVnW Van at Mardi Gras 2006

The VVnW Van was seen in Thibodaux, Louisiana Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006 and Sunday, Feb. 26,2006. The driver and passengers was not seen at the Mardi Gras Parade, but I am sure they were there. It is very hard to find someone at these parades unless you know where they are. I think the van was here to disscuss a beacon house project in Thibodaux, with Loy Smith or could it be this van and it's passengers are here for The Mardi Gras Partys on VVnW Expence. " You decide " :rolleyes:
  11. thumper178

thumper178 New Member

There are so many veterans who appreciate what you are doing here on the site. It come highly recomended to many. Please continue to do the good work for all.

As far as that email that was sent to you. It is up to you if you want to post it. But be assured that they will be hounding you. Of course they don't have any idea how to call you so all the information they do send to you will be by emails. Wouldn't it be so GRAND to let the public now how stupid they are.
    The only FYI I myself wouldn't post is something personnal that was said to me. Meaning claims or family problems. That to my is FYI. Threats well we have been there before and that was with the US GOVERNMENT. This organization thinks a letter from a lawyer or letter will stop us. I think NOT. We have been there before.
    Lets review one thing that is fact:
    The Commander - A 89 day wonder and no service medals-discharge is questionable
    Executive Officer - No service medals - matter of fact didn't serve one day in the military - is a paid secretary for the organization
    Sgt. of arms. - served in vietnam
    4 board members - 2 served in Iraq - 1 in vietnam - 1 wanabee(did not recieve a campaign ribbon)
    the founder - served in vietnam - a wanabee

This is a fact.
    If they want to ask why. Let them post on here the answers. Of course the review everything. How could they not. They have their so called rag of a magazine where they can say whatever they want. The member not there they can leave out anything. Freedom of speech - I THINK NOT.

I myself would love to see this so called email the was sent.
    I don't think everyone gets it yet. They don't want posts. Just members at large. This way they can really control everything. No post will send someone there or have meetings to discuss incidents that are happening.
    Let just turn our monies over to them so they can travel.
    What ever happen to the CONVENTIONS?????????????????
    Now that in itself would be a Band of Brothers.

Slapyo - whatever you decide is fine with me. I do know this. I have talked with many over the phone and they are happy with this site. THAT IS FACT.
    I find it irresponsible of National to make threats or demands of a US citizen.
    This is our land. And for the ones who have not service SHAME on you for making decissions for a veteran.

Thank Again Brother - And I will call you that only because your heart is in the right place. You understand what is happening.

Yours In The Brotherhood
    Thumper 178
  12. 3cav

3cav Member

Come on donald show us the email

Donald , you wouldn't believe how many documents I have that Forbes has sent to various people all marked "private and confidential", once an email has been sent to you it is yours to do what you want with it. Unlike a letter where you can roll it up into a ball and shove it up Forbses' letter box and email is just a whole bunch of little 1 and 0 sitting on your hardrive.
    I am just getting into overdrive here in Au. and will be sending out all sorts of emails to Leo and as many veteran's organizaions as I can contact and let them know about our mate Forbes and what he has been up to over the last 10 years or so.
    Stick to your guns mate, as you can see in one of the previous postings on this thread, what's the odds that Forbes and the wench were down at the Mardi Gras living it up on VVnW credit cards, I would lay an each way bet on it, regards Neil. PS come on lets see the email just to give him a bad case of crap on the liver!
  13. JA-ROM

JA-ROM New Member

Don, the message from VVnW National is the same tactic they used on all of us. They try to intimidate and scare those they fear into submission. If you go against their demands, they sic their lawyer on you. If I remember correctly, the attorney was the organizations attorney, NOT their personal attorney. Just remember.."The Truth will set us free" from Forbes and Verespy's attempts to discredit those who want the truth to be known. I've thanked you before and will do so again and again for the terrific job you are doing through your work on this site. We have made friends and compared notes on the dirty dealings of the VVnW National. I have seen people back off and sit in the shadows or just walk away in disgust. You have kept the warriors together and focused on what has to be done to correct this criminal situation. The Veterans Resources website is viewed by a tremendous amount of people who call or e-mail us directly without posting and I can assure you that they are amazed at your talent and grateful to you for your efforts. May God Bless you and give you the strength to keep up the great work. We are all proud of you and you can tell your Dad we said so! Don't let the booggers get you down. Remember who's in your corner.
    Joyce
    PS.
    Post the e-mail!
  14. 3cav

3cav Member

And another thing

Donald, if it wasn't for this site I would not be able to log to the "Veterans resource" and check out Knewharts daily dose of humour, thats one of the first things I do in the morning, so at least you know you are making one old veteran happy each day far away in Australia, thanks mate!
  15. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

G'day to you mate! Glad you enjoy my musings!!
  16. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Donald, I really take offense at someone saying your site is useless.I am not a Veteran,but your site along with M.O.M.S has been a lifeline for me.I've been helped with things that were bugging me,given wonderful advice and laughed my fool head off at some of the jokes.I know that if there are other questions I have or that Bobby( my Iraq Vet) has I can come here,if you don't have answers for me I know you'll direct me in the right way.Tell me if I'm mistaken.Didn't the guys on this site,my dad and my son go to foreign shores to give you and I the RIGHT to write and speak and write our opinion?Don't you let anybody threaten you.I think that you starting this site in honor of your father was very loving.I bet you father is proud of you.I know I am.Gloria Please take care.
  17. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

My friend, I do not know you personally, but if you drive a Ford, you can't be that bad. I print out a lot of thing posted on this web site, and pass them on to veterans without computers. Not a day goes by, someone will say, what's the latest on Veteran Resources. I not talking about what is only going on in the VVnW, but as for information on latest benefit etc. My friend, keep this in mind. You can satisfy all the people some of the time and you can satisfy some of the people, all the time, but their ain't no way in hell, you will satisfy all the people, all the time. Some people, you can't satisfy period. My friends and I, who are 99.9% veterans ( a couple of civilian just want to know what’s going on ) are proud of what you are doing. I personally, feel I have made new friends on this web site. I thank you for that. Take care my friend.
  18. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

I appreciate all the comments that have been made. It makes me feel good knowing that I am helping out. I will keep everyone updated. I replied to the letter but have had no response yet.
  19. Terry McGee

Terry McGee New Member

I hope you gave it to them real good!
  20. JA-ROM

JA-ROM New Member

Don, you may have to wait a while for a reply as the corrupt leadership is whoopin' it up in the French Quarter to celebrate Mardi Gras (They call it helping a post in distress due to Katrina. The Post is no where near where Katrina landed). Another reason to spend VVnW money.
    I have had many phone calls regarding the demands you received about the Veterans Resources website. Everyone says to stand your ground and as Nurse Flo said in a previous statement Dads, sons, daughters, and all military service personnel fought to protect your (and ours) right to freedom of speech. Keep us all posted.
    Joyce