Where and when was your tour of duty

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by joeblowj0, Nov 28, 2006.

1. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Let your Veteran Resourcs friends know when and where you toured, whether Vietnam or other places.
    I was in Nam from June 1970 to May 1971. I was stationed in Dian, near Long Binh for 8 Months and then I was sent to Khe Sanh for the Dewey Cannon II Operation.I came back down to Quang Tri, and then DaNang, on my way back to the states. What was your tour ? By the way I was a Draftee in the 1969 Lotto staged by the United States Goverment as part of the Draft. My number was six ( 6 ).
    Thank you for taking time to read this thread.:)
  2. lacyben

lacyben New Member

I was in Nam from September 70 to September 71. 1st month in Cam Ranh Bay then 9 months in Kontum then 2 months Back in Cam Ranh Bay.The rest I know in parts and pieces.I enlisted to avoid the draft. Today I am not sure what advantage that gave me.
  3. 3cav

3cav Member

I was in South Vietnam from July 70-June 71. The unit I was with was 3 Cavalry Regt. It was based at a place called Nui Dat. At the time the Australians had been given the province of Phouc Yuy as our AO. The sub unit I was in was a section of APC's called 84 section, I was the driver of 84A. There were several of these small independent sections of 3 carriers each which would do the jobs that did not require a full troop of 13 carriers, things like land clearing protection, SAS insertions, ambushing and convoy protection. It was a good job as most of our time was spent out bush and away from all the bull crap that goes on in base areas.
    Hey Forbes why don't you tell us all about your heroic tour of Vietnam, all 89 days of it as a "Combat Medic". I have looked thru all of the ecn's and I can't find the employment number of a "Combat Medic". I think you must be talking about a med assist. I suppose with just 89 days in country you got to colour everything to make it look impressive
  4. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

Tour of duty

Pusan Korea then to Hoengsong Feb with 15th FA Bn 2nd Inf. Div yong dong Po fire power for 1st Cav. ,protection for Kimpo with 68th AAA Gun Bn 1951------1953right now I don"t remember alot and I guess thats good Proud to be an American
  5. johnnya

johnnya New Member

April 68 & 69 with the 2/22, 25th Infantry Division, Dau Tieng.
    Made it home with no hits on the body and people are still not sure about my mind?
    :rolleyes:
  6. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

Nov. 65 to Feb. 67 aboard the Uss Enterprise CVA(N) 65
  7. sooner1938

sooner1938 New Member

Delete..........