Where did you take basic training?

Discussion in 'United States Army' started by Terry McGee, Mar 14, 2005.

1. geraldhc

geraldhc New Member

Fort Jackson 1951

I have photo's of G.I's on or about May,June 1951.
    Will share Contact me at this site:
    Gerald
  2. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac New Member

Joined in 1969, took Basic at Fort Dix, July 28, 1969 graduation was September 18th E-1-2(?) 1969-spent AIT at Dix, stayed until December 1969, went to Germany for 2 and a half years. Early out in March of 1972
  3. Al Recknall

Al Recknall New Member

Ft Dix, June 1968, entry date 14, June 68. E-4-3. I was 17 in Jan 68. Enlisted, went to WVMC school immediately after basic, and waited alone in a barracks 6 weeks after my whole class went to Okinawa, not knowing anything about my future! Turned out, I was assigned to Iran, to a Topographic unit. Evidently, I was being investigated for a clearance. Very scary 6 weeks. lots of effing KP!! In the big deuce mess hall. Lots of hiding out.
  4. Mel Talmdge

Mel Talmdge New Member

I went to basic at Fort Dix from June 20th, 1969 through Aug 10th, 1969. Then went to the Southeastern Signal School @ Fort Gordon, GA from Aug 69 to Nov 69. Home on leave til Jan 4th, 1970 and then to 198th Inf Bde, Americal Division, Chu Lai, Vietnam. Ended up serving 20 years retiring in Jan 1991. (had a 1 1/2 yr break in service)
  5. joe hefner

joe hefner New Member

Issa in B-1-1 July to September 1968 I remember Willie Hasket.My Drill Sgt wears Sgt Griffin.
  6. Buck1130

Buck1130 New Member

Parris Island, SC in 2003
  7. DisabledVET

DisabledVET New Member

8. Roger G

Roger G New Member

I was took basic at Ft Campbell from Dec '66 - Feb '67. Then went to Ft. Eustis. I'm trying to find any pictures of Ft. Campbell, especially the barracks from that time frame. If you have any pictures from when you were there, I would love to see them. I've included a copy of the "Welcoming Brochure" that they handed out. Roger G.

Attached Files: